Cambridge Water Business understand that these are worrying and unsettling times for everybody, both personally and professionally. Please be assured that we have been working hard for some time to mitigate any effect the Coronavirus might have on our service whilst following and reacting to all Government guidance in order to reduce the spread of the virus and protect our staff and the wider community.
As a business ourselves, we are not immune to the effects of the virus control measures that are affecting you.. Our priorities are to look after our staff and to continue to serve our customers to the best of our ability. We are working closely with all our Water Wholesalers who also have plans in place to ensure that their services continue at the highest level throughout these uncertain times. You should continue to contact your Wholesaler directly for any water quality and supply interruption concerns.
If your business is to close we recommend you isolate your supply by turning off your internal stop tap to protect against any leaks and that you take a reading of your water meter if you know its location and it is safe to do so.
If you continue to trade, even at a reduced capacity there are ways that you can help us too during the current situation and we would ask for your assistance with the following:
- With 100% of our staff working from home, the best and safest contact method for us is now email rather than phone or post. Please use email@example.com
- We understand that some of you are limiting contact at your sites and restricting non-essential visits. This has included our meter readers. We fully understand the reasons for this and are more than happy to receive your own meter reads in order to maintain accurate bills. You can find details of how to read your meter and where to send them on the following link.
- Please can all payments be made via electronic means rather than cheques which need handling. Our different ways to pay can be found here.
- Register for My Account which allows you to manage your account online. This allows you to manage your contact details (important if you have key people working from new places) and sending us meter reads etc. You can register here.
- Consider signing up for Direct Debit.This will help you manage your payments and spread the cost of your bills in manageable monthly amounts
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our measures as and when it is necessary. Please check back for further updates and guidance.
Above all we wish all our customers our best. Please stay safe.